Tuesday, July 14, 2009

They chose MY proposal!!! HOLY CRAP!

Photobucket

I submitted an idea for a proposal for the introduction of ROXY Athletix to fashion magazines around the US and they CHOSE MINE!  I can't believe it... The basic layout is like the one above (I did this one on photobucket:the poor man's photoshop, the  Quiksilver visual team will do the real one).  I wrote the "hook"  and for those that REALLY know me... shhhhhh don't tell anyone that I barely remember what it is like to actually run! Ha ha...

I will show you the REAL DEAL when it is finished and I get a copy.  

I also made my first "uh oh" mistake today.  I was redirected on how to do things and at first I was a little upset: upset for making the mistake, embarrassed for making the mistake and mad at myself for making such a stupid mistake.  I then stopped and took a deep breath.  I told myself that I have only been here for a week and sometimes you learn the most by making mistakes.  Because believe me, I won't do it again. (By the way the mistake I made was that I forgot to put the subject heading in an email.  It may not seem that big, but to a director who gets 100's of emails a day, it is a time waster).

I am human.  I make mistakes.  I will make a lot more in my life.  But I also have triumphs in my life and  I will count those as I fall asleep tonight...

3 comments:

ryan said...

congrats lou,, excited to hear your news and wishing you more highs in this new endeavor of yours!

keep up the good work, and i'm excited to hear more...

ShannySue said...

WOOOOHOOOO! That is awesome! Looks like you hit your stride....c'mon, we all knew you'd be amazing at it! You are a ROXSTAR!

Julie said...

WOW! That is terrific! Tara I love your blog.....love the way your write. I am so proud of you for moving to CA and following your dreams. That takes courage. How fun that they pciked your idea...not surprised as you are amazing!

Julie