Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thanks GOD for Friends!

So to say that the first couple days out here was hard would be an understatement.  I got super sick which was really NOT fun (I am pretty sure it was a combo of exhaustion, low blood sugar, and freaking out that I really did this!)  I told my closest that I was having a hard time.  I didn't think that I could make it being THAT sick and alone, but then my girl Xeres pulled up with her crew and invited me out to the 4th.  Xeres moved to Seattle about 2 years ago and didn't know a SOUL.  We had a mutual friend that gave her my number and I showed her around. She has since moved back to SO CAL.   She showed up for me.  I felt at that minute I was going to be alright in this.  I still don't feel 100% (my sister always tells me when I say that that who ever does?) but I would much rather be hanging out with friendly faces in an unknown place not feeling the best then hanging out in a strange place feeling punky alone. You know what I mean?

SIDE NOTE:  This motel is a place Jeff and I stayed on vacation.  We had to be in HB for business and didn't want to spend a TON of cash on this part of the trip.  It was quite the place.  I remember waking up in the middle of the night and crying out to Jeff, "I am miserable" because I was SO COLD.  To which he responded by putting his hooded sweatshirt on me with out my arms through the arm  holes.  I slept like a mummy the rest of the night. That man of mine is first cabino! 

1 comment:

Manzana Grande said...

the bath towels the size of hand towels really put the room over the top!