Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Studio Time with ROXY

 

My last two days at ROXY were absolutely amazing.  I was helping our showroom coordinator with the 2010 Spring Look Book.  Basically it is the greatest pieces in the collection styled in our own way.  I helped style all the looks (30 of them) and had a blast.  We really took ideas from the runway and used them in a way that translated to ROXY.  Roxy is aging up their brand and the pieces are looking amazing.  It was really great to be with a group of people who were so passionate about each look and took it very seriously (as seriously as I do).  I may dress very kitschy and whimsical, but I am still very serious about the pieces I choose.  It is very intentional.  It just felt so good to be a part of the fashion forecasting for ROXY.  The model we used was pretty much the cutest and tallest girl you have ever seen.  Man, models are constantly being pulled one way and the other.  Something that sounds so glamourous is a lot of being tugged at, poked with pins, and constantly told what they should be doing (relax the face, more edgy, softer in the eyes...).  They are basically a human hanger. She did an amazing job and the Look Book is going to freakin' kill it! (that means do really well!)

This is what I was born to do.  

What an amazing experience!


No comments: